Fashion Designers' Alert
- Brooklyn-based Fashion Indie to provide support for independent designers and Gotham Hall fashion show at this February's Fashion Week.
- Born Free USA, the Animal Protection Institute, and E Magazine unite to a Fur Free Fashion Competition. Top prize is a professionally modeled and photographed ad in E Magazine, a feature profile of you and your design on the fffashion website and related media exposure, and 750 bucks. Deadline's April 1, so get designing, fools!
Speaking of Fur
- As reported by Girlie Girl Army, old coot Karl Lagerfeld defends his use of fur with the language of a third-grader.
- Even though PETA's campaign to end the use of fur finally got to designer Donna Karan (yay!), despite the promise made just last year to stop designing with fur, Giorgio Armani's recent lines still use the stuff. Encourage him to stop here.
- Saks Fifth Avenue hired political art high priest Shepard Fairey to design some AWESOME Soviet era bags and ads. Today's Times article here.
- Old school French fashion house Lanvin teams up with new school jeans kings Acne to make some pretty kick-ass pure denim stuff (pictured above). Got a spare grand laying around? Here you go.
- Pretty superb remix of TV on the Radio's "Dancing Choose"